If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your smile, a dental implant from Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Dallas may be a solution for you.
Dental implants have quickly become the tooth replacement option of choice for millions of people. Dental bridges are another option, but are an older technology with some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem—the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not guard against bone recession at the extraction site.
How are dental implants better than bridges?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will cut down the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- They last longer.
- Dental implants can also support a denture or partial denture.
At Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Dallas we have restored many smiles with dental implants. Richardson, Plano, and Prestonwood have received them, and also come to us for complete general dentistry. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
7522 Campbell Rd #120