Prevening tooth decay is one of the main reasons people visit the dentist. And at Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry in North Dallas, we like to see our patients every six months.
In this blog post we are going to discuss five things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings develop. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us right away to book an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among young children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, avoid frequent snacking, and have a cleaning and checkup every six months.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Dallas area, give Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry a call. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):