Even if you value a healthy smile, it’s easy to become complacent about smile-friendly lifestyle choices. In this blog post from Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Dallas our goal is for you to evaluate where you stand, and to think about whether you could step it up a notch.
By committing to dental health best practices, you can prevent future problems and even improve your quality of life.
- Good: Brush your teeth once a day.
- Better: Brush your teeth after each meal.
- Best: Brush after each meal and floss thoroughly before bed.
- Good: Call our office if you get a toothache.
- Better: See us once a year, even if you don’t notice any dental issues.
- Best: Get a thorough dental exam and cleaning every six months.
A White Smile
- Good: Use a whitening toothpaste.
- Better: Use an over-the-counter teeth whitening system at home.
- Best: Call us for an in-office whitening treatment.
- Good enough for some people: Ignore it. (We don’t recommend this.)
- Better: Get a quality dental bridge.
- Best: Ask us about a state-of-the-art dental implant.
- Good: Eat a healthy diet.
- Better: Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary snacks and beverages.
- Best: Eat a healthy diet, limit between-meal snacking, eat lots of calcium-rich foods, minimize sugar-filled foods, avoid energy drinks and soda, and sip water throughout the day.
At Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Dallas we are committed to the dental health of each one of our patients. People from Richardson, Plano, and Prestonwood come to our practice for general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next checkup with us today!
Contact Dr. Howard Kessner General, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):