Benefits of Dental Implants
BEAUTY |Richardson dentist, Dr. Kessner, can place beautiful tooth restorations, that most people would never be able to tell aren’t your natural teeth.
STRENGTH | Dental implants are made of incredibly strong materials. In fact, titanium has one of the strongest strength to weight ratios known to man.
DURABILITY | A properly placed and healed dental implant has the potential to last a lifetime.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are becoming one of the most popular dental treatments available, and people have many questions about them. Simply put, a dental implant is a metal post (usually a titanium alloy) which replaces the natural root of a tooth. Visit our dental implants dentist in Richardson, TX, today! Also serving North Dallas and Plano, TX.
The dental implant undergoes a fusion process with your jaw called osseointegration. This means the post will fuse with the supportive bone and tissues where the natural tooth root was, becoming a strong, permanent base for a dental prosthetic (dental crown, dental bridge, dentures, etc). This process can actually strengthen your jaw, providing you with greater dental health.
The Dental Implants Procedure
- As with other dental procedures, you will first meet for a consultation with dental implants dentist, Dr. Kessner, to review your current dental situation. After assessing your dental history, Dr. Kessner will partner with you in deciding the best treatment plan. If dental implants are the best option for you, you can schedule a visit for the implants to be placed.
- On treatment day, you will show up and be warmly welcomed by Dr. Kessner and our staff. As the procedure can sometimes be difficult for patients, we will administer a sedative to you until you are completely comfortable and ready for the treatment.
- If a tooth root is being replaced, the doctor will need to gently remove that tooth root. The dental implant placement area will then be prepared to receive the dental implant.
- The dental implant will be precisely placed where the natural tooth root had previously been.
- Once the implant is healed (which can take around three months) your permanent restoration or prosthetic will be placed.
If you think dental implants may be a good option for you, don’t hesitate! Schedule a consultation today to learn more about dental implants in Richardson, TX!