What is TMJ/TMD?
The temporomandibular joint (or TMJ) is the intersection of the jaw bone and skull. The TMJ is packed with nerves and can cause extreme discomfort if something is to put too much strain on it.
If you experience problems arising from your TMJ, you may suffer from temporomandibular disorder or TMD. TMD can arise from a bad bite, grinding your teeth while you sleep, or trauma affecting the head and neck region such as a car crash.
Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
There are a number of symptoms associated with temporomandibular jont dysfunction:
- Face pain
- Problems chewing
- Feeling as if the upper and lower teeth do not fit together
- Popping and clicking in the jaw
Suffering from TMD may seem like there’s no escape, but rest assured there is a treatment to help alleviate the problems associated with this disorder! Whether you’ve barely started seeing symptoms, or have had problems with your TMJ for some time now, Dr. Kessner can help you find the best solution for your situation.
The TMJ Treatment
- Effective treatment requires accurate diagnosis. Dr. Kessner will meet with you and examine your TMJ to determine exactly what is going on. If you are indeed suffering from some form of TMD treatment, Dr. Kessner can help you consider a number of options.
- Your TMJ treatment can begin as soon as you and Dr. Kessner decide on a course of action. Oftentimes, this will require multiple visits, but you will soon progress into a pain-free life once again.
- Enjoy life! Remember that we all have our mountains to climb, but Dr. Kessner can help you climb your TMD mountain, so you can tackle your other pursuits in life.
Benefits of TMJ Treatment
TMD can cause serious pains and inconveniences, but TMJ treatment can set you up for success by addressing the root of your symptoms. As TMD can affect how you eat and sleep, getting treatment can help you return to the life you’ve always loved to live. Alleviating symptoms such as grinding teeth and episodes of lockjaw can open a world of opportunities for you.
Don’t suffer any longer! Call today to schedule your visit and take the first step toward a pain-free life!